This year's Las Vegas early line was a definite screw up on their part as most books had the Seattle Seahawks as the clear favorite giving them a spread of -2 to -3.
Once I saw that I put some big money on the Patriots for several reasons:
- Historically, its pretty rare for an NFL team to win back-to-back SuperBowl. The last one took place 10 years ago with the Patriots.
- Russell Wilson of the Seahawks, was struggling during the Playoffs and unless he can get it together by SuperBowl time, the Patriots will take it.
- The Patriots are in tip top shape and ready to win as seen last Sunday when they destroyed the Broncos 45-7
- Sherman has an injured arm
- The Patriots have Tom Brady!
Last night, I checked the lines and I saw that every major book out there had changed their likes to PK and then switched to a line that favored the Patriots running from 2-5 points.
Here are some of the Super Bowl Betting Odds so far(just keep in mind that the odds will change a lot until Super Bowl time!)
|1Vice||Patriots||-2.5 -105||o49 -105||-150|
|Seahawks||2.5 -105||u49 -105||+130|
|BetOnline||Patriots||-1 -110||o48 -110||-116|
|Seahawks||+1 -110||u48 -110||+104|