Thursday, May 29, 2008

France is the team to bet on for the UEFA 2008

Did I mentiono that I live in Costa Rica? It's a small Central American country above Panama and below Nicaragua. Being a Latin country, Soccer or rather football is king.

Well right now it's the rainy season or "winter" as they call it here. So here I am stuck inside the house with nothing to do except browse the internet and trying to find a nice european football team to root for.

I've decided to go for France. Why? well for one thing, even though I am asian I do have some French background. It's a long story that I'll tell you about some other time.

Anyway, I like the French Football team because:

  1. It has made it in the UEFA playoffs, which comes up only every 4 years, 3 times and won it twice. Once in 1960 where it lost and in 1984 and 2000 where it won the cup. And did I mention that the UEFA cup has only been around since 1960? That means that they are 2 in 11 which I must say is pretty good and the country with the best record so far. Ha ha ha I love a winner and if I was confident about my sports betting skills, I'd put my money on them.
  2. After doing so research on soccer(I'm still trying to figure out the rules by the way) I found out that their team stats are simply amazing and are 2nd below Italy.

cheers

No comments: