Saturday, November 29, 2008

UK Sports Programmes Wants a Piece of the bookmakers sports betting revenues

Ha ha ha, I just read an article in the Guardian, http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/nov/28/gerry-sutcliffe-gambling, where they say and I quote, "We think it is wrong that commercial betting companies make use of our sporting product without making any payment for doing so," wrote Collier."

What a ridiculous argument considering that part of the reasons as to why sports are popular is because of the betting that is going on. If sports betting was taking away their revenue, than I would understand their concerns. However, this is not the case. Sports betting is actually helping the sports franchises make money and they should be thankful for it.
The way they phrase it, I might as well say that Dell should get a piece of the money I make writing on the internet because I use a Dell computer.

Its always about everyone wanting a piece of the pie. It kind of makes me sick and the government are fine with it because if were to pass then the UK government would get to tax twice a piece of the sports betting revenues.

Ah, these clever governements never cease to amaze me.

No comments: