Saturday, July 11, 2015

Serena Williams Wins Her 6th Wimbledon Title

Congratulations to Serena Williams who won the 2015 Wimbledon Championship when she defeated Garbine Muguruza 6-4, 6-4 giving me a nice little chunk of change from betting on her!

Thank you Ms. Williams!

This makes her 6th Wimbledon Titles under her belt for a total of 4 Grand Slam wins a feat that only a select few can claim to have made.

Looking back at her tennis career, Serena Williams is the first woman to win the French Open and Wimbledon back to back since 2002. Looking forward to a prop bet I had put on her at the beginning of the year, if she successfully defends her US Open title next month, she will become the first woman since Steffi Graf in 1988 to win a calendar Grand Slam and I will be jumping up and down when I collect my winning!

.

No comments: