Saturday, February 14, 2009

Skiurlaub in Tirol

"Skiurlaub Tirol" is a German word that literally translates to skiing holiday in Tirol. Tirol is a region of Austria and Italy as well as a village in the province of of Bolzano-Bozen.

For those who have never heard of this place and why I am mentioning skiurlaub tirol is because it is the perfect place for a skiing vacation.

As a professional traveler and skier, I am always looking for new places to go relax and have fun in the snow. I have to admit that I had never before heard of Tiro until a friend of mine from Austria visit him for an invigorating vacation in Tirol for some, "skiurlaub".

At first, I was a bit skeptical due to it being located a continent away. It seemed like a lot of money to spend just to go on a sky trip when I can just go to Colorado which is only a few hours away from my home in Las Vegas.

After doing a bit of research, I found out that Tirol is a great little place in Austria that offers many historical attractions and is perfect for as they say, skiurlaub as well as enjoy a rich culture ingrained in medieval history.

Once I arrived in Tirol, I was breath taken by the beauty and charm of this quaint village. The people were very friendly and most knew enough English to facilitate my stay.

I stayed in this great skiing lodge where the employees were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction as to what to see. Things like:

  1. Market Day in Tirol´s Old Town
  2. The Kasermandl
  3. Kaunergrat Natural park
  4. and many more
If you are looking for a skiing vacation abroad, I highly reccomend that you consider going to Tirol for some Skiurlaub!

No comments: