Sunday, July 18, 2010

Football Handicapping Competition

I was browsing thru this football handicapper monitoring site that I am on today to check out the competition when I noticed a new handicapper on the site.

His name is kevin Steel and he runs this site, pigskingenius

Looking at his stats, he seems to be very good. He seems to be able to claim his football handicapping stats for the last 4 years but has only been monitored for 1 year.

If anyone knows who this person is, I would like to get soome feedback about this guy.

In other news, football season is fast approaching and I think that this year will be interesting with the new recruits as we have some outstanding draft picks this year.

4 comments:

Joe said...

I will surely let you know if I will come across anything about Kevin. By the way why are you looking for him?

Colonial Heights Va mls

Sports Handicapping Genius said...

Hi Joe,

Just curious about him because he has a pretty good football handicapping record so I was wondering if anyone has ever used his services or if he is monitored anywhere.

Steve Marino said...

You should be always wary about someone who claims a winning record; you should be very wary about someone who has only had one year of documented statistics.

The NFL is a very efficient market and efficient markets are very difficult to beat. Most of the professional gamblers I know don't touch it (aside from prop betting which is definitely not efficient). I would have much more confidence in a handicapper who gave out plays in NCAAF, especially the lower leagues where market inefficiency is rife.

Sports Handicapping Genius said...

Hi Steve, I totally agree with you about being wary of handicappers in general. Most handicappers are al hype from their own marketing schemes and end up ripping off people.

The problem today is that half of the so called, handicapping monitoring site are all in it for the money and fudge numbers.

its a tough business but even tougher for people looking for a good handicapper.