Monday, August 9, 2010

Japanese Video Games

I recently received from my nephew japanese video games which was an odd gift as I don't play video games. I was bit intrigued as I open his gift which was a large box with a black device called a PS3(This happens to be the name of the japanese game console by the way).

Along with the larger package came 2 smaller packages which are the japanese video games. The first one was a game with a bunch of cartoon looking character but the 2nd box caught my attention as it looked like some kind of japanese video game that is a hores racing simulator.

Now, I handicap sports and I do a bit of horse betting which is why the game caught my attention. As a race bettor, I'm not very good and will never make a living off of it but this game was actually quite enjoyable as it actually let you bet on a horse and even had sttistics for the horse and everything else.

The game itself is called, Winning Post 2010 and I marvel at how far the japanese vidoe game industry has advance as this old foggy was impressed when they first came out with pac man.

No comments: